Following a three week protest by Bricklayers employed by a non-compliant sub-contractor on the “Ganson Building & Civil Engineering Ltd” St Mary’s Mansions Project in Dublin, settlement proposals negotiated by BATU during talks involving the CIF were accepted by our members following a secret ballot.
The settlement includes:
– Payment of all wages and holiday pay outstanding to our members from their start date including time worked on eRCT’s
– A compensation package for the members as the relationship had broken down
– On new projects from January 1st 2019 all bricklayers will be employed on a PAYE basis only.
– Terms of the Construction Industry Sectoral Employment (SEO)
Including Pension/Sick Pay/Mortality Cover/Rates of Pay etc will be adhered to.
– All Bricklayers will be issued with written Contracts of Employment, Pay slips, Holiday pay etc.
– Trade Union Closed shop agreement for BATU.
We would like to acknowledge the significance of this result not just for the members directly involved but also for the signal it sends to all no- compliant Contractors and sub-contractors alike.
BATU MEMBERS WILL NOT TOLERATE BOGUS SELF EMPLOYMENT